The night before this brew, I was going through the brew day in my head when I decided to go BIAB style in a 4 gallon stainless steel pot that I had purchased a while back. I still can’t remember why I bought the damn thing, but it worked out perfect. Maybe I bought it for BIAB?? Who knows and who cares, I whipped out this batch in about 4 hours and I got my homebrew fix. On to the pictures:
- My volumes were way off! For some reason I thought half a gallon of extra water would be ok… Gravity was a bit low as a result.
- This batch will be dry hopped twice, once at 8 days remaining and then again at 3 days remaining.
- BIAB was really easy. Once I un-fuck my fermentation chamber/keezer situation I plan on doing more 1 gallon batches.
- I am really happy with my grain mill.
- I might want to pick up a refractometer for these smaller batches…
I have all the ingredients for an American IPA recipe so that will more than likely be my next batch.
I really liked the brown porter I made so I am throwing my own recipe together so I can get that one aging. It is looking like two months in secondary for that one.
Thanks for stopping by!